Monday, December 3, 2018

No Rush

Last Friday, on his way out, one of the Business Program Managers stopped by my desk and told me to not stay too late into the evening. I chuckled. I don't work late as often as I used to, I've become somewhat protective of my "free" time.

But I'm a single guy. I don't have a significant other, children or pets to demand my time. And so I don't need to be anywhere in my evenings. Sure, I like to make it home before too late in the day; after all, I have this blog to post to, and other hobbies, but I don't have any obligations that require me to leave by a certain time. And so it doesn't really matter what time I arrive home in the evening. The main benefit of this, is that I can carefully segment my work and personal time. I can stay in the office as late as I need to, and then be done with it. And so when I leave, work stays at the office. I think it works better that way.

No comments: