Monday, July 4, 2022

Line Up

I don't claim to be the most observant person in the world. Which is likely why I never connected the dots between the sales of camp chairs that I'd been seeing in local stores to today's holiday until I was downtown a couple of days ago. The local Fourth of July parade hasn't been held for a couple of years, but now that it's back on, the practice of setting out chairs to reserve a spot to sit and watch from is back in force. I haven't ever actually gone to see it, despite living in the area for a decade and a half now... it's not really my thing, and I don't have kids.

I was tempted to go take a walk around before things actually kick off, to see if the crowds would be as big as they were prior to the pandemic. The Seattle area is left-leaning as a whole, and that tends to correspond with more concerns about becoming sick and a greater tendency to take precautions (whether they make sense under the circumstances or not). But today's a day off, and I have more relaxing things to do.
 

No comments: