Monday, May 23, 2022

Blooming

One of the interesting side effects of my owning a camera (or several) has been an appreciation of flowers. Before I owned a camera, I paid no attention to flowers. They were just kind of there, like sidewalks or mailboxes. But now, I find them intensely interesting. Enough so that while stopping to smell the flowers still isn't my thing, stopping to snap a photo or two of them is. I keep telling myself that I'm going to buckle down and learn how to properly take pictures one day, and maybe I should just start with flowers. They're common, they're colorful and they don't move around that much unless it's windy. But I suspect that I'll be content for some time to just take a snapshot here or there when something catches my attention. It's served well enough thus far.
 

No comments: