Monday, May 16, 2011

Going to Extremes

One thing that I like about the Doctors Paul is their willingness to take their ideas to their logical (or sometimes illogical) extremes and then stand on those extremes. This is a refreshing change from the standard bait-and-switch of American Politics where it's common to ask for an inch as an opening to taking a mile (and then being surprised at the inevitable charges of duplicity). It seems that so many conflicts in politics are marred by this basic dishonesty that when someone says "Yes, this is the upshot of what I'm saying, and the actual end game that I'm going for," that it seems remarkable when people don't play that game.

I'm curious to see how Representative Paul's campaign will shape up. I'm also curious to see which strains of Libertarianism rally under his banner.

No comments: