Sunday, August 23, 2026

Year One

I received my first digital camera as a gift in 2001. Since then, I've developed the habit of taking a camera with me everywhere I go, to the point where if I forget to bring one along, I think of myself as not having a camera, despite the fact that my cellular phone has one built in.

Every so often I go out and around specifically to take pictures, for one reason or another. In 2004, the BBC was having a photo contest, and I was looking from something interesting to shoot, and recalled that there was a weekly anti-war protest over in Lake Forest Park.

So I went over and shot some pictures. Didn't win any prizes, or anything. But it was fun. I'm reminded of all this due to World Photography Week, and was talking a walk down memory lane, courtesy of my store of digital photographs.

Other than the name of the President, the current Lake Forest Park protests aren't much different than the old ones; if the call to "Impeach Bush" were gone, it might not be evident that I hadn't taken this in the fall of 2025.
 

No comments: