Monday, November 15, 2021

Arc

One of the nice things about the Puget Sound area is that rainbows are a fairly common occurrence here. They're rarely as bright, or as sharp, as one often sees them on television or in magazines, but the fact that the Sun seems to pop up at random even on rainy days means that there's always a chance that one will suddenly appear, right where you've come to expect them. It doesn't take long to develop a sense for them; an understanding of whether the Sun is in the right position and if the air has the correct amount of moisture. And for all that my Rainbow Sense has become fairly reliable in the years that I've lived here, I still enjoy the little tingle that it gives me to tell me that its time to go outside for a moment, and see something wonderful.
 

No comments: