Saturday, May 8, 2021

Eating Out

Outdoor dining on Main Street, Bothell, Washington.
I went for walk downtown with my camera today, and came across a section of Main Street that's been closed for more than a year now. I'm not sure if it was closed to allow the local restaurants to have outdoor seating when their indoor capacities were slashed, or if had happened before then, in the name of making the area more pedestrian friendly. This, of course, is common, with a lot of places allowing restaurants to expand onto sidewalks, or into the streets.

Personally, I'm not really one for eating formal meals out-of-doors. Not that I relish crowded restaurants, either, but eating outside always felt like a picnic. Maybe this is because I've only gone to the wrong sort of picnic. In any event, it will be interesting to see what sticks around once people can go back indoors for meals out, and what will become a new trend.

No comments: