Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Misplaced

I came home on Sunday to find an Uber Eats bag on my doormat. Knowing that I hadn't ordered it, I resolved to find its actual destination. But there's no good way to do this. The receipt on the bag didn't have any information about who ordered it, and didn't have any information about the restaurant that it had been ordered from. A bit of canvassing my apartment building resulted in me being out and around so that when the young woman who had ordered the food came looking for it (from a few buildings away) we bumped into one another, so all was well that ended well.

But it's been an interesting recurring pattern. Of the two packages that were supposed to come my way since the beginning of the year, only one arrived. On the other hand, I've had four packages show up for me that should have gone somewhere else. Not a particularly good accuracy rate. Yet the companies that do the shipping don't provide a way for people to contact them and let them know that they've been the recipient of someone else's delivery. It's an interesting oversight.

No comments: