Sunday, October 26, 2008

If You Read It...

...On the Interwebs, it must be true.

This is, perhaps, the most incredibly moronic thing that I've come across in ages.

"i won't put a mccain sign in my yard or on my car 'cuz i don't wanna get vandalized or even attacked or having their houses shot up like people are in other parts of the country."
This, based on a story about a Republican headquarters manager in Central Florida who had his home "shot up" (apparently by a pellet gun).
"The Republican manager said he is convinced he was targeted because of new McCain signs he added around his home.
'All I can tell you is this, I have a very good relationship with my neighbors,' Coverely said. 'I mow my lawn. The only thing that has changed is I have two McCain signs in my front yard.'"
I guess we can send CSI home - Holmes here has it all figured out.

Not to get too caught up in laughing at this guy, but don't kids in Florida get bored and shoot things with pellet guns just like kids everywhere else do? While it's possible that some disgruntled Democrat did take it upon himself to pester Rog Coverely by shooting pellets through his windows, this seems like the sort of act of petty vandalism that must happen a million times a week in the United States, election season or not. The fact that this guy can't come up with a better reason than "Democrats are becoming more aggressive," doesn't mean that he's right.

And such a minor incident doesn't mean "this election is turning violent."

No comments: