Thursday, July 19, 2018

Blanked Out

So I was driving along yesterday afternoon, and I encountered this protest. It was just ginning up when I arrived on the scene, and I quickly found a place to park and hurried over with my camera to find a good place to shoot from. The protesters were mainly on the corner directly across the intersection from me, but were starting to cross the streets to either side.

The fact that the bulk of the party was on the southeast corner of the street meant that they were out in broad daylight. Which had the effect of washing out the text on most of their signs, as you can see in the picture. Granted, the human eye has a better dynamic range than a digital camera, but I wasn't really doing any better at seeing what they were protesting; even when there was enough contrast, a handheld sign isn't very large at any significant distance.

I'm pretty sure that it hadn't occurred to any of the protestors that the Sun would be the enemy of their message; it wouldn't have occurred to me before yesterday. But I did find it to be amusing.

No comments: