Friday, September 11, 2015

The More Things Change

To the degree that Time is a measure of change, aging means being present for more and more change. And as I have grown older, I have become more and more cognizant of not only the change that has has occurred during my lifetime, but the curious ways in which we not only resist, but deny, change. I am at that point in life where I have a certain amount of clarity into both the tendency of people older than myself to say that certain things are the same as when they remember them and people younger than myself to say that things have always been as they currently experience them. And at a point in my life where the constant pressure of change is shifting from endless possibility to an everpresent burden.

Still I hope to never ossify into a person who opposes change because they have lost the ability to understand the new world that it continuously brings into being.

No comments: