Sunday, April 13, 2014

I See All Good People

Hey... It gets the point across, so let's go with it.
I'm not normally one for pithy sayings, mainly because I'm not very good at them. But earlier today I came across a web posting applauding a woman who was standing up to attempts to shame her - by attempting to publicly shame the perpetrators of the attempted shaming. Now, I'm not going to pretend to be shocked, shocked, by this turn of events, or become caught up in charges of hypocrisy, because I get it. And it was a fairly common argument, something along the lines of: "In attempting to devalue me for something that's not my fault, you've shown yourself to be a bad person." Or, more concisely - "I'm not the bad person - you are."

This sort of thing never struck me as very constructive, so I decided that, since this blog tends to be about Things Aaron Hates, it might make a good topic. But between going out an getting some exercise, soaking up the Seattle sunshine (I know, right?), and going grocery shopping, it occurred to me that, I could say everything I wanted to say in one sentence, instead of my usual long-winded pontificating. So, there it is.

With just a little pontification for good measure.

No comments: