Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hater Versus Hater

I found a DVD at Costco this afternoon, that caught my attention. Collision: Christopher Hitchens vs. Douglas Wilson. Is Christianity Good For The World? Now, I like Christopher Hitchens, even though I regard him as a hater. I like his writing, and was interested to hear him speak. Judging by the quotes they put on the back of the package, Douglas Wilson, a pastor, is also something of a hater. So I was looking forward to a spirited and engaging debate, even though I suspected that it wouldn't operate in quite the way that I would have gone about it.

But this picture is intensely boring. It suspect it in the way that the movie was edited and cut somehow managed to completely suck the life out of what should have been a fascinating debate. And what's up with all the hip-hop?

No comments: