Monday, December 21, 2009

Who Again?

Although the sudden demise of actress Brittany Murphy touched of a round of salacious gossiping, I have to admit that my reaction was: "Who?" It appears that I am not properly up on my celebrity news, especially as it concerns young, attractive blondes.

Maybe it's just me, but Murphy didn't exactly strike me as an a-list actress, although this could be mainly due to the fact not having seen any of the movies she was in, I couldn't have picked her out of a lineup. The hype surrounding her death seems to be as much driven by the possibility that she died of a drug overdose as anything else, although the rarity of someone her age dropping dead of a heart condition is rare enough that she may have made the news to some degree regardless of her profession.

No comments: