Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What the Hell?

So Microsoft created a new tool to upload photographs to one's Windows Live Spaces weblog. It kicked in when I attempted to upload a picture to the blog. Because they killed the old tool, I had to log into a different webpage to sign in again to the Skydrive service to get the new tool to install. That required me to navigate away from the post I was working on, which deleted the post. Now, as you can see from the post on Blogger, it wasn't a very long post, unlike some of my other ones, so I didn't lose much. But forcing someone to navigate away from a post they're working on so you can update a tool on the fly is annoying, and the last straw. I'm done with Windows Live Spaces for now. For the foreseeable future all new posts will only appear on the Blogspot site. Yes, I realize it may simply have been a bug. I don't care.

Blogger vs. Windows Live Spaces. Blogger wins. It lacks some of the bells and whistles, but it's miles easier to use for, well, blogging. (Don't get me started on how hard it can be to indent text in WLS...)

No comments: