Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Us Your Money... Please?

Maybe somebody at Wells Fargo reads Nobody In Particular, or, more likely, it's just a rather random coincidence. But when I came home the other day (not long after the previous post) I had a message on my answering machine from Wells Fargo, reminding me of the $50.00 bonus for opening a $100.00 checking account. The interesting part about it was the sense of urgency. Not so much in the mode of "Act now, or you'll miss this exciting and important promotion!" - but more, it seemed, along the lines of "Please don't let this offer pass you by - we could really use the deposits."

Not to say that the message was plaintive, or pleading, but it did seem to favor a more "asking" approach than the hard sell that I have become accustomed to hearing from such pitches.

No comments: